Hotel and restaurant supervisors are in charge of ensuring that all aspects of a hotel and restaurant business are running well. They provide training and supervision to restaurant employees, verify that all food safety and health rules are followed, and answer customer concerns.
- Location: 2857 West Broadway Vancouver, BCV6K 2G6
- Salary: $17.00 to $21.00HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Currently, we are searching for a customer-focused restaurant supervisor who will be responsible for ensuring that all restaurant operations operate smoothly. The restaurant supervisor’s tasks include supervising the operations of the restaurant’s employees, expediting customers’ orders when necessary, and maintaining positive working relationships with vendors. You should also be able to find methods of lowering the restaurant’s operating expenses, if possible.
If you want to be a successful restaurant supervisor, you must demonstrate excellent management abilities and take appropriate disciplinary action when employees fail to perform. Finally, a top-performing restaurant supervisor should be able to provide great customer service while also ensuring that clients have a positive dining experience.
- Screening, interviewing, hiring, and training restaurant staff.
- Managing restaurant staff’s work schedules.
- Conducting regular inspections of the restaurant kitchen to determine whether proper standards of hygiene and sanitation are maintained.
- Overseeing food preparation, presentation, and storage to ensure compliance with food health and safety regulations.
- Checking in on dining customers to enquire about food quality and service.
- Monitoring inventory and ensuring that all food supplies and other restaurant essentials are adequately stocked.
- Monitoring the restaurant’s cash flow and settling outstanding bills.
- Reviewing customer surveys to develop and implement ways to improve customer service.
- Resolving customer complaints in a professional manner.
Restaurant Supervisor Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or hospitality is advantageous.
- Proven experience working as a supervisor in the hospitality industry.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Specific Skills
- Control and coordinate actions of employees who make and portion meals; Store and maintain records of inventory; repair; sales; and wastage; Work timetables should be established. Estimate and place orders for ingredients and other supplies. Ensure that food service and quality control standards are met.
- Additional Skills
- Respond to any complaints or issues raised by consumers; Staff should be instructed on work responsibilities, cleanliness, and safety protocols. Hire people to work in the food service industry.
- Long term benefits
- Other benefits
Long term benefits
Is this position open to anyone?
In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to demonstrate that:
A Canadian citizen or a Canadian permanent resident, you qualify for this program.
You’re legally allowed to work in Canada under the terms of your current work permit.
If you do not have legal authorization to work in Canada, please do not submit this application.
You will not hear back from the employer.
How to apply
Send an email