Currently, we are seeking a Graphic Designer to produce visually appealing and on-brand graphics for use across a number of media.
- Location: Abbotsford, BC
- Salary: $25.00 to $33.00HOUR hourly for 32 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Overtime, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- vacancies 1 vacancy
Definition of requirements, visualization, and creation of graphics, including drawings, logos, layouts, and photographs, are all part of the Graphic Designer job description. You’ll have a hand in the design of everything from websites and publications to product packaging and exhibits.
Your visuals should pique the interest of everybody who sees them and convey the intended message clearly and succinctly. You’ll need a good ability to translate requirements into design and a creative flare to do this. We’d like to meet you if you’re a good communicator and able to work as part of a team.
The ultimate objective is to arouse the interest of the intended audience and entice them to stay on the page.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Schedule projects and define budget constraints
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with copywriters and creative director to produce final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
Certificate or diploma from a college, CEGEP, or other non-university program lasting one to two years, or comparable experience
- Graphic Design
one year to less than two years
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Adobe Illustrator; HTML; AutoCAD; WordPress; XHTML
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail
- Ability to Supervise
- 3-4 people
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus
- Graphic Designer Specific Skills
- Establish the general appearance, visual components, and content of communications materials with clients; collaborate with them. To get the desired visual impression and the most effective means of communication, use the suitable media. Create the visual components required to suit the needs of the clients. Sketches, layouts, and other visual components should be drawn up. Use current picture and image banks and typography guidelines; A set of rules for illustrating or photographing should be established Co-ordinate all phases of production for print, audio-visual or electronic products; Co-ordinate sub-contracting
- Illustrator Specific Skills
- Illustrators work with customers to establish what kind of images they need to convey their message. Representational drawings and final illustrations may be developed and produced in this way; Create storyboards for computer-animated films; assist in the process. Animate 2-D and 3-D computer images and sketches.
- Other benefits
- Free parking available; Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Screening questions
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
Free parking available, Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
You are eligible if you are:
- Citizens of Canada and Canadian permanent residents.
- Other applicants, both with and without a current work permit for Canada.
How to apply
You can apply just By sending an email to