Butchers and meat cutters prepare meat for retail sale by cutting, trimming, and packaging it. Butchers and meat cutters prepare steaks, chops, roasts, and other pieces of meat from bigger, wholesale amounts by cutting and trimming the flesh. They then prepare meat for sale by carrying out a variety of tasks such as weighing meat, packaging it, and putting it out on display for potential customers.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: $19.00HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies 2 vacancies
We are searching for a talented Butcher who will be able to serve our clients with high-quality meats and services. Among the responsibilities of the Butcher include quality inspection, the use of meat grinders, knives, saws, and other instruments to cut meat into smaller parts, the weighing and packaging of cuts, and ensuring that displays and signs are appealing and eye-catching to customers. Also included in your responsibilities are conversations with clients to establish their requirements, guidance on appropriate cuts of meat to use and methods of preparation to use, and coordination of pickups and deliveries.
Being polite, competent, and detail-oriented are essential qualities for success as a Butcher. The ability to communicate effectively and a thorough grasp of meat quality, cuts, and preparation are essential.
Butcher Skills Expectation
- Cutting, grinding and preparing meats for sale.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
- Weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying products.
- Keeping records, budgets, and inventory.
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Negotiating and confirming orders with suppliers.
- Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls.
- Greeting and speaking to customers, providing advice, answering questions, and accepting orders or payments.
- Coordinating deliveries or order pickups.
- Education or food preparation or meat cutting experience.
- Ability to use hand tools, stand or walk for extending periods, lift heavy items, and work in cold environments.
- Additional training is often required.
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts.
- Strong communication, task management, and customer service skills.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Specific Skills
- Cooked meats are sliced; Roasts, various meats, poultry, and shellfish should be shaped, laced, and tied. Remove the meat’s bones; Prepare distinctive meat, poultry, and seafood displays; Make specific requests; Make unique sausages; Meats are ground; Make steaks and fillets from the fish; Cut the chicken into pieces; Cut, trim, and prepare common beef cuts; Carcasses, sides, and quarters should be cut; Fish and shellfish should be cleaned and prepared.
- Work Setting
- Butcher shop
This company encourages all job candidates, including those who identify as members of these groups, to apply for jobs.: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who is eligible to apply For this job?
- Only Canadian citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply. or
- You’ve got a valid work permit in Canada.
Do not apply if you are not permitted to work in Canada. Your application will be ignored by the employer.
Email is the preferred method of application.