This is a great way to get started in the workforce. The person in this position is in charge of delivering various things to numerous locations according to an established schedule. It also includes activities such as collecting money as required and keeping a record of all the deliveries made. Deliveries are picked up by delivery drivers who then deliver them to their final destinations. Delivery drivers transport a wide range of goods, from food to furniture, and they may deliver to other companies or the general public.
- Location: Bear Lake, BC
- Salary: $15.20HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies 1 vacancy
We are searching for a dependable delivery driver that is concerned with customer satisfaction as well as conveying things in a safe and timely way to join our team. The delivery driver will pick up and deliver products in accordance with the routes and time schedules that have been set to him. As a member of the delivery crew, you must be prepared to work long hours to guarantee that the things are delivered in good condition, are properly packaged, and are delivered securely to the right customer.
To be successful as a delivery driver, you must be courteous and punctual, and you must be dedicated to providing our customers with an exceptional service experience. You should be meticulous in ensuring that orders are correctly completed, dedicated to workplace safety, and enthusiastic about providing excellent customer service.
Delivery Driver Required:
- Loading, transporting, and delivering items to clients or businesses in a safe, timely manner.
- Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied.
- Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles.
- Accepting payments for delivered items.
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints from clients.
- Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules.
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Preparing reports and other documents relating to deliveries.
- Operating equipment and machines, such as cars, trucks, forklifts, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license issued by the state where you intend to work.
- Clean driving record.
- Special licenses may be required to operate certain vehicles.
- Experience may be required or preferred.
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws.
- Strong time management and customer service skills.
- Ability to walk, drive, and lift and carry heavy items for extended periods.
- Attention to detail.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Class 5/5F/G Licence (cars, small trucks and other 2-axle vehicles)
1- 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Pay for products and get money for them; Loading and unloading of commodities Make use of maps and other trip-planning resources to make your journey more enjoyable. Keep track of journey details such as car miles, gasoline prices, and any issues that arise. Perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections on the vehicle, as well as manage all parts of it; To operate and drive autos, vans, and light trucks in order to pick up and deliver a variety of objects and goods.
- Additional Skills
- Customer service that is both professional and courteous; Receive information and transmit it to the central dispatch center; Prepare, package, and replenish supplies; Assemble, install, and put up merchandise/products in a professional manner.
- Weight Handling
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Remote location
- Transportation/Travel Experience
- Regional; National; Local; Provincial/territorial
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
Who is eligible to apply for this position?
Only apply if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a Canadian permanent resident.
- You have a valid work permit in Canada.
Do not apply if you are not permitted to work in Canada. Your application will be ignored by the employer.
How to apply
Send an email to
Or By mail
328 Grizzly Avenue
Bear Lake , BC