Cut the lawn, dump the trash, trim weeds, and rake leaves as part of routine upkeep. Increase your greenery by planting fresh trees, flowers or a wide range of other plants. Provide management with advice on garden-related issues.
It is the gardener’s job to preserve the beauty of the plants, the landscape, and the trees under their care. Outside space design, production, renewal, and preservation are some of the general maintenance activities they conduct. Local parks, hotels, farms, and nurseries all need gardeners.
Gardener Work include:
- Maintaining lawns and other green spaces
- Installing landscapes and seasonal flower designs
- Monitoring and ensuring plant health
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Salary: $15.75 to $20.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Seasonal employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2022-05-16
- vacancies 5 vacancies
In order to properly install and manage our flowers, trees, and green areas on the property, we are searching for an experienced Gardener.
In addition to monitoring the health of all plants and greenscapes, gardeners are also responsible for watering and feeding plants, pruning trees and shrubs, fertilizing and mowing lawns, weeding gardens, as well as clearing trash and litter from green areas and pathways. You should be familiar with the operation and maintenance of landscaping equipment, such as mowers, trimmers, and fertilizers, as well as the proper application and storage of fertilizers.
In the end, you will ensure that our gardens and green areas are always healthy and attractive to visitors.
- Install and maintain seasonal plants
- Mow, trim and fertilize green spaces
- Mulch, edge and weed gardens
- Prune and trim trees and bushes
- Maintain all gardening equipment and machinery, like mowers, trimmers and leaf blowers
- Monitor and maintain the health of plants
- Deal with pest problems that could damage plants
- Keep gardens and green spaces clear of debris and litter
- Maintain and grow the garden to ensure it meets specific requirements and expectations.
- Perform basic maintenance such as cutting the grass, emptying bins, managing weed control and leaf raking.
- Plant and nurture new trees, flowers, and various plants.
- Work with hand tools and basic light machinery such as plant vehicles, and small diggers.
- Service all garden equipment and machinery.
- Maintain a clean garden by clearing rubbish and litter from the garden and grounds.
- Provide guidance to management on matters related to the garden.
- Advise management on the costs of plants and garden necessities with detailed written quotations and reports.
- Ensure a safe environment for staff and clients by adhering to safety and health regulations.
Requirements and skills
- Experience as a Gardener
- Familiarity with landscaping design
- Extensive knowledge of regional plant life
- Knowledge of local pests and how to eliminate them
- Knowledge of synthetic and natural fertilizers
- Knowledge of state health and safety regulations for landscaping
- The ability to lift heavy objects
- The ability to remain on your feet for long periods of time
- A love of the outdoors and plant life
- A high school degree or GED
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Additional Skills
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Area of Specialization
- Plant knowledge and identification
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Gloves; Mask
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own vehicle; Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Ability to distinguish between colours; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Rural area; Work in employer’s/client’s home; Urban area; Various locations
- Landscaping Experience
- Residential projects
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Reliability; Organized
- Landscape and Horticulture Technicians and Specialists Specific Skills
- Lawns and gardens, both private and public, should be planted and maintained.
- Screening questions
- Are you presently able to work in Canada on a legal basis? Does your existing residence put you within walking distance of the listed location? ; Do you have any prior work experience in this sector of employment? Availability for the indicated starting date is required.
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a citizen of Canada or a permanent resident of Canada, whichever is applicable.
- You are in possession of a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not permitted to work in Canada, please do not submit an application. Your application will not be responded to by the employer.
How to Apply: Send an email to
Here is a list of the information you must provide with your application:
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience